11 Fun and amazing facts about your baby
11 Fun and amazing facts about your baby:
- Newborn babies have superhero grip strength, they can hold their own body weight for a few seconds.
- Babies are born with 300 bones, adults only have 206. Some bones fuse together as we grow. One quarter of your bones are in your feet.
- Babies don’t have knee caps. It starts with a cartilage that gradually becomes kneecap.
- Newborns cry but have no tears, it is not until a couple of weeks after birth, they start to really cry.
- On average, babies laugh 300 times a day while adults laugh only 60 times. They enjoy life much more than we do, which means we have to learn from them on that matter.
- Until 6 months of age, babies have a reflex called bradycardic response, which makes them hold their breath when submerged in water. They also have reflex that makes them move their arms and legs as if they are swimming.
- Until 6 months of age, babies can breathe and swallow at the same time, which adults cannot do.
- Babies only blink once or twice a minute, while adults blink 10 times a minute.
- Baby has around 10,000 taste buds and not just on the tongue, but also on the sides, back and roof of the mouth. We lose some taste buds as we grow, an older person may only have 5000 taste buds.
- A fetus has more brain cells than an adult (about a trillion of connections or synapses during early pregnancy and down to 100 billion cells in average adult).
- Babies cries with your accent. Study found babies pick up their mother’s native tongue in the last three month of pregnancy and we can actually distinguish their origin by their cries. So French, German, Chinese or English babies cries with different pitches.
Source: Ovia Parenting, Google